And the experts are notifying users that they are going to remove their fan after having it stored for so many months, that they must verify a series of elements.
The suffocating heat begins to come, and with it the need to remove our fan that has been accompanying us during all these last years in the hot months.
The problem is that although our fan continues to work, it is quite likely that in these 9 or 10 months of storage it has accumulated dust, especially in the area of the blades or even in the motor, and that can end up being harmful to our health. .
And the experts are warning users that they are going to remove their fan after having it stored for so many months, that they must verify a series of circumstances before putting it into operation.
Before you turn it on, it is essential to wipe with a cloth to remove all the dust that is attached, both in the area of the blades and in the motor.
And it is that if we put it into operation directly, all that dust stored for so many months will be dispersed throughout the room and you could even breathe it, being harmful to your lungs.
and risk of fire
But not only that, it could cause a misfortune in your home, since the dust accumulated these months, if it is not cleaned, can even end up causing the motor to work in an inappropriate way, possibly causing a fire.
“As temperatures are forecast to soar this weekend, people will be looking for any option to cool off,” he said. Joseph CapannaProduct Safety Engineer at Electrical Safety First.
“It’s important to make sure you’re not risking fire or burns as you try to stay cool, so be sure to follow our essential tips to prevent an accident from happening. People should buy their fans from a reputable retailer they know and trust, register the product with the manufacturer, and never leave it on while they sleep or are away from home,” he adds.
In this way, before the heat It is suffocating and you have to go quickly to get your fan out, it is essential that you clean it to prevent it from being damaged directly or even causing an unexpected fire.