11-year-old boy in Malaysia rushed to Gegara Hospital eating cannabis biscuits PHOTO/Cali Connected
PENANG – A girl aged 11 years in Malaysia had to be hospitalized after showing serious side effects from eating the chocolate biscuits his father made. The biscuits were strongly suspected to have been mixed with ganja .
An examination found that the victim had eaten biscuits which were allegedly mixed with marijuana. As a result of consuming biscuits mixed with drugs, the poor boy experienced shortness of breath, dizziness and nausea.
“The victim was taken to the Gerik Hospital and then referred to the Taiping Hospital for further examination and treatment,” said the Head of the Perak Police, Mohd Yusri Hassan Basri in his statement, as quoted from Bernama, Tuesday (30/5/2023).
He said that the police received the report at 10.26pm on Monday (29/5/2023), from a medical assistant at the Lawin Health Clinic located in Gerik, Hulu Perak district.
Mr Mohd Yusri said the victim, who was brought to the hospital by his father, was now in a stable condition. Perak police chief added that a urine test to determine if he was positive for marijuana had not yet been carried out to prioritize his treatment.
At the same time, Mohd Yusri said the police had arrested the victim’s 38-year-old father, who worked as a rubber tapper.
A urine test on the suspect found that he tested positive for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is a psychoactive component and one of 113 cannabinoids identified in the cannabis plant.
The suspect has been detained until June 3 for investigation under Section 31(1)(a) of the Children Act 2001 and Section 15(1) of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.
Mohd Yusri advised the public to be more careful and take precautions so that incidents like this do not happen again and also not to make any speculation about the case.