The French rented a house on a lake in Wellington, Florida, in August 2021. The family with five children checked in on August 6. The next morning, Enora went to take a nap, but when her mother went to check on her, the toddler didn’t wake up. She stopped responding to nothing and was foaming at the mouth.
The girl was taken to hospital, where doctors pronounced her dead. “Then I heard, ‘Enora is dead! Enora is dead,’ father Boris Lavenir tells NBC News. The autopsy revealed that Enora had a ‘lethal amount of fentanyl’ in her blood.
Fentanyl is a very strong painkiller that millions of Americans are addicted to, resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths each year.
A big party
Enora’s parents tested negative for drugs. They also say they have never heard of the drug fentanyl until the death of their daughter. Because the family had not left the holiday home since check-in, according to the family’s lawyer, the toddler must have found the drugs there.
“The exposure to the drugs 100 percent certainly took place in that house,” he told American media. A local resident reported that two nights before the family’s arrival, “a big party” was going on at the holiday home. Various illegal substances would have been used there.
Via ander platform
The family is now taking Airbnb, the landlord and the previous tenant of the holiday home to court. The lawyers of the landlord and previous tenant state that the parents themselves are to blame. According to them, they should have paid more attention to their child.
Airbnb also believes that they cannot be held liable for the death of the toddler because the previous landlord had booked the house through another platform.
Leave a Reply