A 14-year-old girl named Giorgia Green died in Derby, UK, of cardiac arrest caused by inhaling the gas from excessively sprayed deodorant. The girl was found lying on the bed by her mother, who had gone to check why she was no longer answering her.
The girl had autism and often used deodorant to perfume the bedroom. Dad said that for her it was a sort of ritual that he often did to relax. She sprayed deodorant on the bed covers. She probably overdid the amount that day, unaware of the possible side effects.
Giorgia’s parents attacked companies that produce deodorants: “There are no clear enough indications on the dangers of these products. We don’t want our daughter’s death to go in vain. Immediate action is needed by the deodorant manufacturers, the words reported by the BBC.
Leave a Reply