Former UK PM Boris Johnson. Photo/REUTERS
MOSCOW – Claims made by former British Prime Minister (PM) Boris Johnson that Russian President Vladimir Putin threatened him with a missile attack are clearly false.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov revealed this on Monday (30/1/2023).
Earlier in the day, Johnson shared details of a conversation he had with Putin just before the start of Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine, with the BBC.
According to the former prime minister, Putin allegedly threatened him with a missile strike saying, “Boris, I don’t want to hurt you, but with missiles, it will only take a minute.”
“No, what Mr. Johnson said is not true, or rather, it is a lie. And, moreover, I will say, this is a deliberate lie, then, perhaps, the question is for what purpose he chose this version of the situation, or that was not aware, and in fact he did not understand what President Putin was telling him. So it became a little worrying for our president’s interlocutors,” Peskov told reporters.
Also read: Already Requesting Missiles, Tanks and Fighter Jets, Now Ukraine Wants German Submarines
The spokesman added he was personally aware of the details of Putin’s conversation with Johnson.
“I know what was discussed during this conversation and once again officially repeat, (the missile claim) is a lie. There is no threat of a missile attack. Talking about Russia’s security challenges, President Putin noted that if Ukraine joins NATO, the potential for NATO missile deployment or America on our borders will mean that every missile will reach Moscow in a matter of minutes,” Peskov said.
Also read: Former Polish Foreign Minister Disassembles 2 of Ukraine’s Biggest Problems
Leave a Reply