There are many changes compared to 2022 in the figures who work alongside the pilots
January 18, 2023
Here are all the crew chiefs who work alongside the driver in the garage, they are key people who have skills, passions and goals, such as Manuel Cazeaux who moved from Suzuki-Rins to Aprilia-Vinales because he has a clear goal: win the world championship with Maverick.
But let’s go in order:
The confirmed ones
– The world champion Francis Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) continues its relationship with Cristian Gabarrini
– Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) remains with Santi Hernandez
– Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) stays with Diego Gubellini
– Confirmed the couple Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) e Antonio Jimenez
Daniele Romagnoli remains the chief engineer of George Martin in the Prima Pramac Racing box
– Andres Madrid side by side Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing)
– Jack Miller brings with him the crew chief he had in Ducati, Christian Pupulin
– Patrick Primmer still beside Franco Morbidelli (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP)
– David Muñoz stay with Luca Marini (Mooney VR46 Racing Team)
Lots of changes, starting with Casa Honda where Joan Mir (Repsol Honda Team) e Alex Rins (LCR Honda Castrol) are preparing to live a new experience with next respectively James Guidottiformer chief technician of Takaaki Nakagamie David Garcia. Nakagami in his team will work with Klaus Nohles, coming from the HRC test team.
Mir’s longtime chief engineer, Frankie Carchedi, moves to the Gresini Racing MotoGP team to work with Fabio Di Giannantoniowhose chief engineer 2022 Donatello Giovanotti will be of support to Alex Marquez.
As mentioned Manu Cazeauxformerly Rins’ chief engineer, will be alongside Maverick Vinales in the Aprilia Racing box.
The head coach of the Catalan in the 2021 and 2022 seasons, John Mattarollo, he stays with Aprilia but will have as a rider Miguel Oliveira (CryptoDATA Aprilia RNF MotoGP Team).
Paul Trevathanright arm of the Portuguese in KTM, returns to work with Pol Espargaro nel box del team Tech3 GASGAS Factory Racing.
The 2022 world champion in Moto2 Augusto Fernandez he will have Remy Gardner’s crew chief next to him in MotoGP, that is Alex Merhand.
Massimo Branchini is awaited by a new challenge together with Johann Zarco (Prima Pramac Racing).
Mark Rigamonti leaves the French pilot to join Aeneas Bastianini in the Ducati Lenovo Team.
Raul Fernandez (CryptoDATA Aprilia RNF MotoGP Team) will continue to work with Something Herrera: the two have been a couple since their Moto2 days when the then rookie in 2021 fought to the end for the title with Gardner.
Leave a Reply