An electric scooter (e-scooter) battery exploded due to a fire in Australia, 4 people were treated, one of them critical. Photos/Illustrations
BRISBANE – At least four people had to be hospitalized, including a man in critical condition. It came after an electric scooter (e-scooter) battery exploded in a house causing a fire in the Australian city of Brisbane, Queensland, local media reported.
According to state news agency ABC News, this is the third incident of fire caused by an exploding e-scooter battery in the state in less than a week.
The explosion caused a large amount of smoke and fire in the house.
Read: The strongest in Southeast Asia, the Indonesian military stands above Australia and North Korea
Local media reported at least four family members, including two children, were rescued by local residents and taken to Royal Brisbane Hospital where a woman inhaled the smoke.
“A 40-year-old man remains in critical condition in hospital, while three others, including a woman and her two children, have been discharged,” Anadolu told ABC News, Tuesday (17/1/2023).
This is the second incident in Brisbane and the third in the state in the past week.
Read: Potentially Deadly Virus Appears in Australia, There Is No Vaccine
Previously, five people were hospitalized on Thursday last week, including a man who suffered severe burns from an e-scooter battery explosion at a house in Darra, Brisbane.
According to executive manager fire safety at Queensland Fire and Emergency Services, Mark Halverson, one of the main causes of such incidents is people using the wrong charger.
“In Queensland, we have seen a significant spike in fires linked to lithium ion battery powered devices over the last few months,” Halverson told ABC News.
Read: Lonely after being engaged, this man is dating a sex doll
Leave a Reply