Suara.com – Brighton will host Liverpool in the 2022-2023 FA Cup fourth round match. The following are interesting facts ahead of the Brighton vs Liverpool duel which will take place at the AMEX Stadium on Sunday (29/1/2023) evening.
Liverpool qualified for the fourth round of the 2022-2023 FA Cup with difficulty. They have to go through a third round replay against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The Reds only drew 2-2 when hosting Wolves on January 8, before beating Julen Lopetegui’s troops with a narrow score of 1-0 at the Molineux Stadium, on January 18.
Meanwhile, Brighton successfully stepped into the fourth round of the 2022-2023 FA Cup by silencing Middlesbrough. They won with a landslide score of 5-1 on 7 January.
Also Read: Live Streaming Link for Brighton vs Liverpool in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup Tonight
Here are some interesting facts ahead of the Brighton vs Liverpool duel in the FA Cup:
1. Brighton have scored three goals in both of their meetings with Liverpool this season, having done so in just two of their first 35 games against the Reds in all competitions. The Seagulls are looking to win back-to-back games against Liverpool for the first time in their history, winning 3-0 in the Premier League earlier this month.
2. Liverpool have advanced in three of their five FA Cup games against Brighton, most recently in a 6-1 win in February 2012.
3. Brighton have lost both of their FA Cup matches against the reigning champions of the competition, with both of their previous fixtures coming in the fourth round of the competition (0-2 v Arsenal in 1979/80, 2-3 v Arsenal in 2014/15).
4. Brighton have won three of their last four FA Cup fourth round games, although they lost 3-1 at Tottenham at this stage last season.
Also Read: Preston North End vs Tottenham Hotspur results: Son Cs Wins 3-0
5. In the competition’s current format (since 1925/26), only Wolverhampton Wanderers (30), Sheffield United (28) and West Ham United (27) have made more FA Cup fourth-round exits than Liverpool (26), with The The Reds have lost four of their last six matches.
Leave a Reply