At least 14 homes were totally devastated this Monday, July 25, due to a fire that was allegedly caused by a lawnmower, in the town of Texas, United States, local media reported.
The country’s authorities believe that the incident originated when the crews that mowed the lawn made contact with a metal object, which would have caused sparks, which burned the grass, the administrator of the town of Balch Springs told the local press.
YOU CAN SEE: Restaurant manager throws boiled water at 2 clients dissatisfied with their order
In the video you can see how the fire has spread rapidly over the field and has affected several houses at the same time. In addition, the voracious flames and the smoke that are coming out of the houses, which ended up completely destroyed, can be seen in the distance.
On the other hand, the inhabitants of the affected area were evacuated, and others barely had minutes to leave their homes. They left behind all their belongings. “I lost everything, just everything,” Miguel Quiñónez told the local newspaper The Dallas Morning News.
YOU CAN SEE: The man who lived with hiccups for 68 years in a row
“It’s just sad. I don’t really care about the stuff, all the clothes and stuff,” another affected told the Dallas Morning News. “I’m thinking about the things that I can’t get back, the pictures of my brothers and sisters, and all that,” he added.
Finally, the Balch Springs community has set up temporary shelter at its recreation center for those seeking shelter as a result of the incident. Also, The American Red Cross is working with the city to support displaced families.
#Lawnmower #fire #consumes #dozen #homes