Based on their performances on Day 1, the duel between Chivas and Atlético San Luis brings many opportunities for the people of Guadalajara, yes, they will have to take risks to win.
Although Guadalajara based its attack against Juárez with ball circulations through a sector of the field to surprise with a long pass to the other side, against the Potosinos, it is convenient for the Flock to take advantage of the technical quality of their midfield, with Fernando Beltrán and Fernando González mainly.
By attracting the Las Tunas to that area of the pitch, the Rojiblancos can attack the space freed up behind the rival defense with the appearance of Alexis Vega, Pável Pérez and Roberto Alvarado.
However, they must beware of a counterattack from San Luis, who have the talent of Jhon Murillo to try to do damage.
1) Vega, From the attacking front, he can take advantage of the space that is generated between Ricardo Chávez and Luis León, this is because Chávez is easily attracted by the rival winger, in this case, Cristian Calderón, who with his promotion would free up the left sector to that Alexis can face, cross or shoot on goal.
2) The “Louse”, In addition to his ability to overflow and center, he will be key in the creation of Chivas’ game, since his appearance in midfield will give security to the movement of the ball.
In the same way, Alvarado, together with Vega, Pável, Beltrán, Mozo and “Chicote” can look for the shot on goal, since the defense from Potosí usually remains very static and allows the rivals to shoot at the goal.
3) Bear”, together with “Nene” Beltrán, Pável Pérez and with a virtual relegation to the midfield of Roberto Alvarado, they can create numerical superiority in the center of the field, to attract San Luis to that sector and free the wingers so that Alan Mozo can exploit them, “ Chicote” and Alexis Vega with services to the Potosí area.
4) Mozo will have the opportunity to ascend to the baseline without much resistance, since Jhon Murillo is not very committed to pressuring the rival out, however, the Chivas right back should have the will to pressure San Luis in case of losing the ball, or failing that, retreat to the Flock’s midfield, as it will leave their area behind unprotected.
5) Hiram Mier He has a better pass between the lines than Luis Olivas or Gilberto Sepúlveda, so the game of the Flock can be generated at the feet of Mier, who has the “Bear” and the “Nene” in the midfield to connect with them and give continuity to an attack through the center of the pitch, where Chivas has the quality to dominate.
6) The “Tiba”, In addition to polishing his aerial game, he will have the responsibility of providing coverage for Alan Mozo, since with the rise of the right back to the front of the attack, Jhon Murillo will have more time and space to face Sepúlveda, something of great risk for Guadalajara, since Murillo is skilled in 1vs1.
Threats from Atlético San Luis at Akron
Rhythm. The team from Potosí has a very good sequence of passes, especially in its right sector with Chávez, Facundo Waller and Juan Sanabria.
Fast. Although Jhon Murillo is not very supportive to defend, the Venezuelan attacker brings speed and skill by having the ball in his control.
Medium. Javier Güemez is the one who best plays between the lines to start.
Get the latest news in your email
Everything you need to know to start your day
Registering implies accepting the Terms and Conditions