Advantages of the euro? Put us in a position to better manage our availabilities
We all know that the political-economic-financial moment is very delicate, what we believed could be a good “support stick” for the European economy and finance, we have received it from our politicians, economists and many omnipresent “I know everything” and also from the Advantages website (europa.eu) which states:
What are the advantages of the euro?
The euro offers many benefits to the citizens, businesses and economies of the countries that use it.
• the ease with which prices can be compared between countries, which stimulates competition between businesses, to the benefit of consumers
• price stability
• the common currency makes it easier, cheaper and safer for businesses to buy and sell in the euro area and to trade with the rest of the world
• greater stability and economic growth
• better integrated and therefore more efficient financial markets
• greater influence on the global economy
• a tangible sign of European identity.
Many of these benefits are linked together. For example, economic stability benefits a member country’s economy as it allows the government to plan for the future. But economic stability also benefits businesses because it reduces uncertainty and encourages investment. This, in turn, benefits the general population through more employment and better quality jobs.
Ok! We think we understand that the certainty of having a single currency brings “only” advantages, the question is for whom? In these months we suffer particularly in relation to:
1. oil prices that exceed $ 100;
2. gas prices that do not seem to have a ceiling:
3. raw materials with multipliers, including two-digit ones;
4. cereals are not available and have prohibited prices;
5. average inflation in Europe 4.1%, in the USA 8.6%;
6. euro / dollar exchange rate 1.208 (1 March 2022 1.111);
7. ruble / euro ratio 0.016 (1 March 2022 0.008).
A wise proverb said: “let me guess and I’ll make you rich“(1392). Unfortunately, today we are witnessing a constant call to EU Member States to implement reforms that I consider to be quite “restrictive” and at the same time the European Central Bank does not know which way to turn. On the one hand, he turns his gaze to Federal Reverve, from which he seeks to draw suggestions to adapt them, on the other, he looks towards the growing internal debt of European countries. Now we like to turn these questions: in general we all know how to ride a bicycle, but do we pay attention to where we are going? Are we sufficiently equipped in the event of a chain break or a puncture? Did we wear the helmet and goggles? Do we have a cell phone with us? And finally, are we in good company or alone?
I am always very perplexed when a “product” that is born for cash needs and not for real help to the consumer is exalted, so the Lagarde Lawyer / Banker should make up for it with the “firepower” he has (he can print all the money he wants) and above all exercises control over European central banks and individual banks in order to adequately equip (I hope the suggestions are always welcome) to circumstances, which are subject to sudden changes. Please, based on the statements of the advantages of the Euro, you enable us to better manage our funds and at the same time favor and incentivize the debt capacity of our companies? Thank you.
Subscribe to the newsletter
#Euro #advantages #Italians #Lets #clarity