Editorial: Gaming / Facebook / Twitter / Coverage / Instagram / Discord
Diablo Immortal’s microtransaction system does not stop generating controversy and rejection by a large part of the community, who describe it as predatory, so much so that a fan site and online resources for games like Diablo III and Lost Ark called Maxroll, decided shut down your gaming-focused branch of the site.
You can read: Raising the Diablo Immortal character to the maximum level costs more than $ 500 thousand dollars, according to a new calculation
The website states that the economic structure of the game is the main reason they are discontinuing the branch of their site that covers Diablo Immortal, further stating that while most players do not fall for the tactics used in Diablo Immortal to make these impulsively spend money on the game, continuing to support a “predatory game” was against their values.
On their official blog, they comment that it was not a decision taken lightly and that: “we have never discontinued a game before.”
“Even with a poor reception, our Immortal Branch would continue to generate revenue from us. However, life is more than money, it is about doing the right thing”, they assure.
As Maxroll believes, the predatory Pay-To-Win system far exceeds what is considered the norm for mobile gaming. “Gaming addictions are real and can completely destroy lives. Even if 99% of players have perfect impulse control, we still can’t digest what happens to the other 1%.”
In closing, thanks to the Diablo Immortal players who helped out on the site during the title branch’s run, hoping their backers understand why they’re walking away from Immortal. “We look forward to continuing to create the best possible guides for the games you love. Thank you all for helping us create maxroll ; We couldn’t do any of this without you,” they said.
#Site #stops #supporting #Diablo #Immortal #values #predatory #game #Tarreo