As of today (18), workers born in June can withdraw up to R$1,000 from the Severance Indemnity Fund (FGTS) accounts. Caixa Econômica Federal will deposit the money in the digital savings account, which is suitable for the payment of social and social security benefits.
It is worth mentioning that the values can only be moved through the Caixa Tem app. In all, throughout the payment schedule, around R$ 30 billion will be released to around 42 million workers. The release follows the schedule based on the month of birth and the money will be released in stages until June 15, when those born in December receive.
See the FGTS withdrawal calendar:
|Birth month||deposit date|
|October||1st of june|
|December||15th of June|
The BRL 1,000 ceiling considers the sum of available balances in all accounts. This money can be withdrawn remotely, by the digital FGTS, or by the Caixa Tem app. The balance in social digital savings is automatic. You can also pay bills and transfer money via Pix. According to Caixa Econômica, around R$ 30 billion will be released.
The money is available until December 15th. After the date, it returns to the FGTS account. Withdrawal is optional. Normally, with the exception of emergency withdrawal, the fund can only be withdrawn in situations such as unfair dismissal, purchase of a property or retirement.
Check your FGTS balance
To check the balance, the worker can go in person to a Caixa branch or website and also through the FGTS application. Through the app it is also possible to register to track the account balance by SMS.
- open the app, tap “Join the app” > “Continue”;
- enter your CPF and tap “Next”;
- enter your password and go to “Login”;
- on the initial screen, information related to the companies he worked for will appear;
- the balance of deposited amounts appears at the top of the screen, click on it to see the transactions.
On the Caixa website, it is necessary to inform the NIS (PIS/Pasep), which can be consulted in the work card or old extract – it is also possible to find the number online. Another way to receive the statement is at home every two months. For this, the worker must inform his full address at a Caixa branch or by calling 0800-726-0101.
How to request the FGTS withdrawal:
In the case of some workers, incomplete data can make it difficult to withdraw. Then, you need to request the release of the money. The entire process can be done via the internet and the FGTS application, without having to go to a bank branch.
- Open the FGTS application and log in.
- Click on the “Request Withdrawal” button, located on the screen, in orange color.
- Then, press “Confirm” to authorize the opening of Caixa’s digital savings account in your name. It’s the only way to get the money.
- Finally, a message will appear on the screen, saying that “Cashier will process the request and if everything is ok, the amount will be credited to your account”.
It is important to remember that as many people are accessing the app, there is a virtual queue. But, it is possible to leave the screen (without closing the application) without losing your place in the queue.
Have you watched our new videos on YouTube? Subscribe to our channel!