How does a housewife retire if she has never worked or does not meet the minimum contribution requirements?
The options are there. The Italian social security system now also provides for pension options for non-working women (i.e. non-self-employed, self-employed, VAT registered or employees employed in public or private companies), with and without the payment of social security contributions. The appropriate options are the housewives pension, covered by a Social security fund established in 1997 at INPS, and the social pension.
Housewives boarding house
The housewives pension is obtained by subscribing to the appropriate Housewives Fund. This is an optional option, unlike the INAIL insurance obligation. which covers the risk of domestic accidents, but does not accrue the right to a pension. It is foreseen for those aged between 18 and 65 and carrying out domestic work for the care of family members and the house by law 493/1999.
Who is entitled to a housewife pension?
Not everyone knows that this type of pension can be awarded even to men, if registered in the aforementioned Fund. Upon reaching at least five years of contributions, members can alternatively access:
– an incapacity pension reserved for those with a proven disability;
– an old-age pension, at a minimum of 57 years of age, or 65 years if the payments are not sufficient to accrue a social security allowance equal to at least the amount of the social allowance plus 20%.
How does the pension for housewives work?
For this type of pension there is no fixed amount, if not a minimum of about 26 euros per month, and you get one year of contributions with the payment of approximately 310 euros. The application for housewives’ disability or old-age pension must be sent online to INPS through the dedicated service. It should also be specified that:
– if the contributions are not enough to accrue the housewives pension, these will remain silent;
– if the contributions paid in the management of housewives cannot be used either for the reunion (onerous) with the contributions in other managements or for the totalization (free).
How much is the pension for housewives?
It depends on the payments made. With over 30 years of contributions you get a pension of around 1000 euros per month. The calculation takes place with the contribution calculation and with the periodic revaluation by ISTAT of the GDP. The formula is this: Housewives’ pension allowance = (contribution amount * revaluation coefficient) / 13 (monthly pay)
Housewives’ pensions without contributions
Are women who have never worked entitled to a pension? Yes, under certain conditions, they too can access the social pension.
Who is entitled to the social pension?
Housewives not enrolled in the Fund or those enrolled who are unable to produce a sufficient number of contributions to accrue the requisites required for access to the pension under current legislation, can access the so-called social pension.
The social pension is due to women with the following requirements:
-are at least 67 years of age (equal requirement for men and women);
– have Italian citizenship or citizenship of another European country as long as they are registered in the registry of the Municipality of residence or are non-EU citizens with a long-term residence permit;
– have had effective, stable and continuous residence in Italy for at least 10 years. Be careful because if you stay abroad for more than 29 days, the benefit is suspended and if the suspension lasts for more than a year, the social pension is revoked;
– they are in a state of need proven by an income below a certain threshold.
How much is the social pension?
The social pension for women without contributions and with the requirements established by current legislation amounts to 460.28 euros per month for 13 months. This sum can be integrated with the citizenship pension up to a maximum of 780 euros.
What income do you need to have for the social pension?
The social pension is therefore due even in the absence of contributions, but only to women (and men) with an income below certain thresholds. In particular, the social pension is fully due to women:
– without income, if unmarried;
– with a maximum income of 5,983.64 euros per year, if the applicant is married.
The sum is due to a reduced extent in the event of:
– married women with cumulative income with the spouse between 5,983.64 and 11,967.28 euros;
– unmarried women with an annual personal income of up to € 5,983.64.