Bekir E., the 34-year-old man who was convicted of the murder of the Rotterdam schoolgirl Hümeyra (16), is the new witness in the case about the death of Nicky Verstappen. Jos B. would have made “incriminating statements” against him. This became apparent during the session on Friday, ANP news agency reported.
B. was sentenced last year by the court in Maastricht to 12.5 years in prison for kidnapping, abusing and killing Nicky. Both he and E. stayed for a while in the same ward in the penitentiary in Vught. There he would have spoken with E., who was sentenced to twenty years in prison in June. It is not known exactly what he said about the Verstappen case. The 58-year-old Limburger has been heard about this again by the police. B. denies that he spoke with E., he said “never discussed the substance of the case with anyone, including the witness”.
Also read: Will we ever know what happened to Nicky?
Nicky disappeared in 1998 at the age of 11 at a summer camp on the Brunssummerheide. He was later found dead. Only decades later, after a DNA match, Jos B. came into the picture. He was arrested in Spain in 2018. During his criminal trial, he said he found Nicky, but he has always denied being involved in the child’s death. The court did not consider it proven that the man had intentionally killed Nicky.