All recorded content of the Perdigão campaign with Eliana and Rodrigo Faro must not be used by the agency responsible for promoting the brand. The crossover action would start last Sunday (4) during Hora do Faro, on Record, and would continue next week, on the blonde show on SBT, but was suspended after the presenter was diagnosed with Covid-19. The commercial representatives of the presenters, as soon as Faro re-establishes itself, will meet with the agency to define the direction of the campaign.
As found the on the small screen with exclusivity, Perdigão does not want the company to have a connection with the coronavirus. The material going on air could be remembered on social networks and the press, as the day Faro had the virus. As this is a food advertisement, the strategy is to avoid this recall from the public. The Record presenter was diagnosed with the disease last Friday (2), days after recording the meeting with Eliana. The intention is to discard all material and re-record.
The crossover should be redone in August, as it is the forecast for Rodrigo to be back at Record’s studios. Last Saturday (03), the on the small screen anticipated first hand that the work would not be shown by the broadcasters, as announced.
“Perdigão is very sorry that Rodrigo Faro has contracted Covid-19 and wants its prompt recovery. The recordings of the merchandising action involving the presenter were conducted by the stations responsible for the programming, which are responsible for the adopted security protocols, and they have already spoken out clarifying the The action will be resumed, as soon as possible, when the presenter is cured,” the company announced. About the re-recording, Perdigão did not take a stand.
Last Sunday (4), Eliana would appear with Faro at the Record attraction, eating a feijoada to advertise Perdigão products. The following week, on July 11, it would be Rodrigo’s turn to appear on Eliana’s show on SBT to have a sandwich of bologna.
This would be the first time that this type of “exchange” would take place between Rodrigo Faro and Eliana since the two started running Sunday programs, as reported by NaTelinha at first hand. “As the only auditorium presenter on TV on Sundays, woman and mother, the identification of my audience with this ingenious idea of Perdigão will be immediate. The brand has been loved by all of us for decades,” says Eliana.
Rodrigo Faro and Covid-19
Rodrigo Faro’s press office spoke about the health status of the communicator. The note posted on social networks explained that the Faro family is doing well, not having any serious symptoms and that everyone is doing quarantine at home.
“We communicate that the presenter Rodrigo Faro, tested positive for Covid-19 this Friday morning (2). Today’s recording of the ‘Hora do Faro’ program had to be canceled and Rodrigo was taken to the hospital, Moriah in São Paulo, where he underwent a series of tests. Rodrigo does not have more serious symptoms of Covid-19 and for this reason he was sent home, where he will be serving his quarantine for the next few days”, says an excerpt of the statement.
“All his professional and personal commitments have been canceled and will be rescheduled when he recovers. Vera Viel, Rodrigo’s wife, and her daughters Clara, Maria and Helena also tested positive and are doing well, without any more serious symptoms and at home to fulfill the necessary quarantine”, he adds.
The artist took the first dose of the coronavirus vaccine last week and even published a photo to celebrate. “Today was my day with the grace of God… 47 years old… It was a lot of emotion for everyone who was there… Thank you all for so much affection with me! It’s been a while since I’ve heard such beautiful things from people,” he said at the time.