The FIA awards the Maranello manufacturer with the highest level of environmental accreditation for its initiatives. From production dynamics to F1 emissions with the carbon neutral goal by 2030
Sustainability is always at the center, even for brands that have made sportsmanship, on and off the track, their core business. Ferrari obtained the three stars of the “Fia Environmental Accreditation Program”, the highest level of certification created by the International Federation to evaluate the initiatives undertaken by the various car manufacturers in terms of reducing the environmental impact of their industrial activities.
The Maranello company is very committed to the issue of sustainability, and has adopted innovative solutions for production plants since the early 2000s, so much so that it covers 81% of energy needs with a trigeneration system (a system that, in addition to producing electricity and thermal, uses the excess of the latter to produce air or cold water, ed.), while the remaining 19% is produced from certified renewable sources.
Ferrari’s ambitious goal is to become carbon neutral by 2030, year after year eliminating dependence on fossil fuels both for production and for Formula 1. A path that is not simple but one that includes several projects already put in place. in the field this F1 season, such as the elimination of non-reusable plastic during GPs or the collaboration with Shell, which since the Imola GP has brought special fuels for generators used on the track made up of 60% raw materials renewables and for the remainder from Gtl (Gas-to-liquid).
The words of Mattia Binotto
“The achievement of the three stars within the FIA Environmental Accreditation Program represents an important recognition for Ferrari – declared Team Principal Mattia Binotto – The issue of environmental sustainability is increasingly a priority also in motor racing”. Words of satisfaction also for Felipe Calderón, President of the Environment and Sustainability Commission of the FIA: “We are confident that this result will serve as a catalyst for further changes in Formula 1, in motorsport and in automotive mobility as a whole”.
June 30, 2021 (change June 30, 2021 | 15:49)
© REPRODUCTION RESERVED