The next forty-eight hours will be decisive to decide if and what and eventually in what terms the “official” party for Inter’s 19th championship will take place. The Lombard vice president Letizia Moratti also spoke on the subject today and sent a letter to both the mayor Giuseppe Sala and the prefect Renato Saccone: “I understand the passion that animates the fans, but in view of upcoming events that could bring many people back to the squares it is advisable for administrations and prefectures to ask the Technical Scientific Committee for a prior opinion, in order to face any new opportunities for large and uncontrolled gatherings prepared and in time. The direction of the Welfare Department is available for any type of collaboration ». Moratti said he “observed with deep concern what happened on Sunday in Piazza Duomo. Far be it from me – he continued – to want to express judgments towards the fans, whose passion I understand. However, I note how it was foreseeable that the desire for sociability and a return to normality would affect the celebrations, widely announced, and that such celebrations would inevitably lead to concentrations of people. It was equally predictable that the attention threshold on distances and use of masks would also be significantly lowered ».
Meanwhile, tomorrow morning, via Teams, it will meet in the provincial committee for order and security, which will be attended by the Prefecture, the Police Headquarters and the Municipality of Milan. And today the controversy over Sunday gatherings in Piazza Duomo has been renewed. Matteo Salvini returned to ask for the opening of the stadiums – which, however, can only be opened by a government decree – while Mayor Sala replied with a video on Facebook: “I have heard many complaints but not a sensible idea on how we could have managed the city streets better. I must say that Salvini tried, assuming he could bring the fans to San Siro who knows how. But not to mention that the stadiums in Italy are closed, what gatherings would there have been in the entrance and exit of the stadium? And once inside would they have been fans at a proper distance or would they have hugged each other? This was the idea of someone who was the Minister of the Interior and therefore presumed to be involved in the work ». And he accused the League of conducting mere electoral campaigns: “As usual in the criticism, the League stood out, the one that wants to open everything but also the one that had a deputy minister and two municipal councilors in the square celebrating their photos. The interview (to La Stampa, ed) by the Northern League councilor and MEP Silvia Sardone who says “I was there for the shopping” is really a gem. Of course, notoriously you go shopping with an Inter mask and with your party mates ».
Inter, for its part, explains that “Saturday 8 May there will be no party” and also invites the fans to celebrate the Scudetto with an online party: it is called “IM Parade” and is a virtual carousel in which, to participate , just put your Nerazzurri flag on your balcony or window. From the Curva Nord also comes an invitation not to gather outside the San Siro and to “avoid gatherings in other symbolic points of the city”. From the regional councilor of + Europa Michele Usuelli instead comes the proposal to organize a free distribution of masks and gels by health personnel (in shirts), on the occasion of Inter’s next home game against Sampdoria, scheduled for next Saturday at 18, when new fan celebrations are expected outside the San Siro Stadium. Usuelli announced that he had already sent an open letter on the same subject to the mayor of Milan, Giuseppe Sala, to Inter president Steven Zhang and to the press office of the Curva Nord. “It would be a pragmatic solution. The best possible harm reduction, ”explained Usuelli.