TOKYO, 11 FEB – The president of the Tokyo Olympics Organizing Committee, Yoshiro Mori, is ready to resign over his statements on the tendency of women “to talk excessively during meetings”, judged to be sexist by many globally. The Japanese media anticipate this, indicating that the 83-year-old former premier will most likely communicate his decision tomorrow, on the occasion of the extraordinary board meeting. A debate that in the last 24 hours has become even more heated after the critical evaluations expressed by one of the main sponsors of the Games, Toyota, and the waiver of the Tokyo governor to participate in the 4-way meeting with the president of the International Olympic Committee (That is), Thomas Bach, this month. The same CIO – who previously said he considered the affair closed with Mori’s apologies, on Tuesday called Mori’s statements ‘absolutely inappropriate’, taking note of the disappointment of the public and sports athletes. Yesterday, Toyota chief Akio Toyoda, through a spokesperson, said he considered Mori’s words “unpleasant and certainly not in line with the values the car manufacturer believes in.” The governor of Tokyo, Yuriko Koike, instead expressed her intention not to take part in the meeting on February 17 because she was convinced she would not obtain any results, adding that she was ‘speechless’ after Mori’s remarks. Although he apologized, the head of the organizing committee never mentioned the prospect of his resignation. To date, more than 500 volunteers at the Olympics scheduled for this summer have decided to withdraw from participation in protest. (HANDLE).